GardenGeeks.Net Forums Terms Of Service
This online forum exists to provide a venue for the discussion and enjoyment of the hobby of gardening and hydrponics, and related subjects.
Guidelines For Posting Messages
- Keep your posts concise.
- Keep your replies on-topic.
- If reading a message thread causes you to come up with an unrelated question, start another message thread.
- Resist the temptation to hit the "Reply" button unless you've got something meaningful to add.
- If replying to the last post in a thread, use of the "quote" feature is not necessary.
- New topic subject lines should contain wording relevant to the content of the post, i.e. no click-bait titles.
- Text sizes, fonts, colors, and weights other than the default should be reserved for occasional necessary emphasis or clarity only.
- Remember, the forum is basically about topical discussion: asking and answering questions, sharing information, usage tips, recipes, and the like. It is not intended to be a chat room.
When posting to the forums, please keep things civil. Users are not permitted to, among other things, post abusive, hateful, or harassing information about any person or entity. Crude language, crude humor, and sexual content of any kind is prohibited. This is a G-Rated site, so please post accordingly.
GardenGeeks.Net does not confirm the validity of information posted on this message board. We cannot actively monitor all the content of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. Remember that the posted messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of GardenGeeks.Net.
GardenGeeks.Net reserves the right to delete or modify any message, avatar, signature, display name, or other member profile field for any reason, or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the members of this message board, GardenGeeks.Net, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon viewing of this board and/or transmission of your message(s).
If you feel that a posted message is objectionable, you are encouraged to report it by clicking the "Report Post" icon at the top right of the post. We have the ability to delete objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine in our sole discretion that deletion is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
By using this service, you agree that you WILL NOT:
- Post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
- Post messages, images, avatars, or signatures of a political, religious, or racist nature. No proselytizing for religious or political purposes or for any other cause or organization. The discussion of politics and religion tend to degenerate quickly in online forums, so for this reason discussion of these subjects is not allowed. Do not even make indirect references to these subjects in posts. Posts in violation of this rule will be deleted. Members who violate this rule will be banned from participating.
- Include URLs, photos, HTML code, or calls to action in your forum signature.
- Post personally-identifiable information such as your address, phone number or email address.
- Post personally-identifiable information of any other user or person.
- Post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this message board.
- Use profanity of any kind on this board; posts that contain profanity will be deleted summarily. Repeat violators of this policy (or any other board policy) will be banned from participating.
- Post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations. This includes the use of an avatar, image, or signature intended as or appearing to be an advertisement. These are inappropriate on this message board, and will be deleted summarily. Violators of this policy are subject to banning.
- "Bump" discussion threads, i.e. reply to a thread solely to bring it back to the top of the forum listing.
- Post overly-large inline photo images which disrupt forum viewability and/or functionality.
- Cross-post (post essentially the same message in more than one place on this board). This will actually hinder you from getting a rapid answer, and repeated cross-posting may result in your being banned.
- Messages offering to buy, sell, trade, or procure goods or services are NOT permitted. This includes messages posted with the apparent intent to drive traffic to online auctions or other selling sites.
Posting Messages That Promote Products, Services, Events, or Personal/Business Websites
The following types of product/service/event/website posts are allowed by forum members:
- If you are a satisfied (or dissatisfied) customer of a product/service/event/website, and you do not have a financial interest in the product/service/event/website, you may discuss it on the forum. Positive and negative feedback from actual customers is one of the most helpful aspects of a forum for those considering the purchase of a product/service.
- Messages about sales, discounts, promotion codes, free product samples, etc. are fine, as long as you do not have a financial interest in the product, company, or promotion; and the offer is available to the general public.
Those that have a financial interest in a product/service/event/website may not post the following without prior approval by email from GardenGeeks.Net:
- Messages that promote your product/service/event/website.
- Messages that draw comparisons between your product/service/event and competing products/services/events.
- Messages that answer customer service questions or provide technical support for products.
- Messages that inquire about customer satisfaction with products/services/events.
- Messages that discuss product/service/event development or improvement.
- Messages about sales, discounts, promotion codes, free product samples, etc.
Identity & Reuse Of Content
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
By posting content on this message board, you agree that GardenGeeks.Net can quote from, or reuse the content in promotional materials, newsletters, or other documents. If we intend to use content posted by you in such a manner, we will generally notify you as a courtesy.
If you have any questions about how this online community is run, click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any forum page and let us know.